2.11.2009

'The Hoppening'

Last summer, after a very interesting night at the movies with two of my cousins, I submitted this illustration in answer to a job post on the Killer Bunnies web site looking for a "bunny artist." Never heard back from them, but I've always thought my idea would have made a neat new card for the game, and I was pretty pleased with myself at having mimicked their style so well.

So, I've finally decided to post it here along with the letter. Neither seemed to do any good for me anyplace else.

Enjoy.



GREETINGS KILLER BUNNY GENIUSES.

A cousin of mine introduced our extended family to
Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot at a reunion in Nebraska a few years ago. We were instantly hooked (you had me at Green Gelatin with Evil Pineapple Chunks) and played a giant throwdown match every night of the reunion, with some of us obtaining our own Killer Bunny decks shortly thereafter.

I would love the chance to become one of you. Ecstatic to find a job listing on your web site a few days ago, I worked through the night tonight developing an idea I had at work yesterday.


Please find my drawing for "The Hoppening" — which I envision as a RUN or a SPECIAL card — attached to this e-mail. The description I had in mind goes something like this: Kills all of one player's
bunnies, but does so one round at a time. (They cannot be saved; however, other players may contribute or speed up the offing by providing weaponry, which cannot be spread past this player.) Adjacent players have until that player's last bunny is dead to reduce their bunnies by half or their bunnies suffer the same fate, and so on.

I have a few other ideas that I haven't been able to fully develop or sketch out yet, but hopefully this gives you an idea of my abilities and enthusiasm for your product. If you would like to know more about me or discuss my ideas further, feel free to reply to this e-mail or call the number below.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Gina Dvorak
(blah blah blah... contact info...)